Conditions We Treat
- Low and mid back pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Rib pain
- Postural education
- Urge urinary incontinence (sudden urge to pass urine and leaking)
- Stress urinary incontinence (leaking with exertion such as laughing, sneezing or running)
Overactive bladder (going to the toilet very frequently and urgency)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
What to expect from your consultation
- Detailed history taking
- A thorough assessment of your strength, activation, and function of the back, hip, pelvis and abdominal muscles Internal pelvic floor exam if required
- After your initial consultation, the frequency of your follow-up consultations will depend on your specific circumstances but can vary between 1-2 times per week and 1-2 times per month.
Possible treatment options
- Rehabilitation exercise programme to address any findings from your consultation
- Education and support to maintain exercise and fitness levels in pregnancy
- Pregnancy Pilates
- Taping or maternity belt application and advice
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation programme
- Biofeedback training for pelvic floor exercises
- Birth preparation advice such as perineal massage and birthing positions
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Advice on toileting modifications to optimise pelvic floor
- Bladder retraining
Pelvic health Physiotherapy with our specialist
Read Our Blog
Ready To Book?
All of our appointments can be easily booked online by clicking one of the options below.
Book free discovery call.
Book an initial appointment.
Book a follow up appointment.
26 Mortimer Road