Conditions We Treat
- Urge urinary incontinence (sudden urge to pass urine and leaking)
- Stress urinary incontinence (leaking with exertion such as laughing, sneezing or running)
- Overactive bladder (going to the toilet very frequently and urgency
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Abdominal muscle separation
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation following perineal tears or episiotomy
- Pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Faecal Incontinence or urgency
- Return to exercise and running rehabilitation
What to expect from your consultation
- Detailed history taking of your symptoms
- A thorough assessment of your strength, activation, and function of the back, hip, pelvis and abdominal muscles
- Internal pelvic floor exam if required and once 6 weeks after delivery
- After your initial consultation, the frequency of your follow-up consultations will depend on your specific circumstances but can vary between 1-2 times per week and 1-2 times per month
Possible treatment options
- Rehabilitation exercise programme to address any findings from your consultation
- Education and support to return to exercise after delivering your baby
- Post-natal Pilates
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation programme
- Biofeedback training for pelvic floor exercises
- Advice on perineal wound and episiotomy care
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Advice on toileting modifications to optimise pelvic floor
- Bladder retraining
Pelvic health Physiotherapy with our specialist
Read Our Blog
Ready To Book?
All of our appointments can be easily booked online by clicking one of the options below.
Book free discovery call.
Book an initial appointment.
Book a follow up appointment.
26 Mortimer Road